Friday, November 19, 2010

"Unexpected Love" Chapter 3

Finally finished this chapter today. Phew. It's longer than the others. I hope you all enjoy the continuing story of Marva and Rick. As always look for the next chapter sometime next week.-Makka (Waiting For Love).

-----------------------------------------------------------


Unexpected Love
Chapter 3



Two weeks had passed since me and Rick had started sitting next to each other on the school bus. What at first had started as a kind gesture on my part had developed into something that I looked forward to everyday. At first Rick wouldn’t talk much, but then he started to come around and now we hold engaging conversations with one another. I realized that Rick, even though shy, was very intelligent and caring. We talk about everything from books, to music, to art. We’ve had lengthy conversations on our futures-in which Rick did most of the talking, revealing he wanted to be a writer. When I asked him if I could read any of his writings, he blushed and said he would get me some to read. We also communicate on Facebook a lot now. After I gave him my email address he set up his account the same day and sent me a friend request. I accepted and we have been inboxing each other ever since.


Most of the kids at school have heard about our new “friendship” but most don’t seem to care. Senior year is coming to an end and it seems as if everyone is trying to get to know each other now. Jocks talking to geeks. Cheerleaders talking to freaks. Apparently, Me and Rick are no exception.
As I make my way into my house after another long day of school, I am once again greeted by my Mom sitting on our couch.
“Hey, Marva. How was school today?” she asks.
“Pretty good”, I answer as I make my way over to the couch. I drop my backpack on the floor and flop down next to Mom.
“And how is Rick?” Mom asks slyly. She has asked me about Rick’s well being every day since she first noticed me and Rick talking.
“He’s good Mom. Same old, same old.”
“That’s good. He’s been through a lot lately. You know with his Dad and everything. Does he ever talk about that?”
“No, and I never ask him about his Dad.”
Mom nods her head and then rubs her rounded belly. Next week Mom will be six months pregnant. My Mom and Dad had no intention of having another child after me but I guess God had something else in mind. Maybe this child will be the one my parents finally send to college. Sometimes I can’t help but feel like I’m a failure to my parents in spite of the fact they have never made feel like one. But I know they always had high hopes in me following in their footsteps and going to college. What I majored in was of little importance, just as long as I got a degree. Little did they know those hopes and dreams of sending me off to higher learning would never be realized.
“Well, I’m going to head upstairs”, I say as I rise up from the couch.
“Alright”, Mom says.
As I head into my room I hear my Lily Allen “Smile” ringtone going off. I reach into my pants pocket for my cell. I notice that it’s Amber calling.
“Hey”, I answer.
“Whazzup, gurl?” Amber laughs. Amber and I have been best friends since junior high. She’s one of my closest friends and the only person I consider my best friend.
“Nothing. How was practice?”
“Ugh. Don’t ask. I’m just glad the spring sports season is almost over. I am tired of cheering for these losers.” Amber has been a cheerleader at our school since sophomore year. It was always something she wanted to do and she spent our whole freshman year talking about how much she wanted to join the squad. She begged me to help her create a dance and cheer routine to do at tryouts. We worked for weeks until she finally perfected that routine. I remember at the tryouts how she topped everyone. I can still remember now how her long blonde ponytail flapped up and down as she jumped for joy when the cheerleading coach called her name first of those making the squad.
“Well you signed up for it”, I say.
“I know. I shouldn’t complain, huh? Since this cheerleading is going to pay my way through Syracuse.” Two weeks ago Amber had found out about her cheerleading scholarship. Even though I was happy for my friend I couldn’t help but feel down about my favorite girl leaving me behind for college.
“Yeah it sure is”, I sigh heavily.
Sensing my change in mood, Amber changes the subject, “So guess who asked me about you and Rick?”
“Who?”
“None other than Ronnie “Asshole” Brimstone. He came up to me after my Bio class and asked what was up with you too.”
“Are you serious”, I exclaim.
“Yep.  He was talking some crap about how Rick needs to step off”, she says.
“Ugh. Me and Rick aren’t even down like that. And even if we were it’s none of Ronnie’s damn business. I can’t believe him”, I say loudly.
“Why can’t you believe him? Um, is it just me who noticed or does Ronnie do this to every guy that likes you? I mean remember Matt Jenkins in sophomore year. Ronnie whopped his ass for asking you out on a date.”
My thoughts trace back to Matt. He was a nice kid that I took English Lit with. One of the few other black people at my school; he was handsome, smart, charismatic, and oh so Sexy. After a week or so of flirting with each other I was certain he would ask me out and he did. But a few days later he backed out, giving me a half-assed excuse. I didn’t understand why he did it until I heard how Ronnie beat him up in the boy’s locker room. When I asked Ronnie about it he said it was because Matt had disrespected him somehow. But I heard through some of my friends and Ronnie’s friends that it was because Ronnie found out that Matt had made a move on me.
After his beat down, Matt made it his mission to avoid me as humanly possible. I can’t say that I blame him. At 6’3, 250 lbs. Ronnie Brimstone is nothing to sneeze at. He plays linebacker on our school football team and is one of the most feared linebackers in our regional division. So understandably, most of the guys at school are afraid of him.
“Yeah, you’re right. Ronnie beat Matt up and I heard about a few other guys who liked me that he threatened because he suspected that they wanted me. I guess after seeing what happened to Matt, all the guys just backed off”, I say.
“Face it, no matter how many times you turn him down, Ronnie is convinced that you’re his girl. I mean he’s the sole reason you’ve hadn’t had a boyfriend since junior high and on top of that the reason you’re still a virgin”.
“Amber, while I agree he’s the reason I’m single. He is not the reason why I’m still a virgin. I’m one because I want to be, until I find the right guy.”
“Uh, well he’s the reason you’ve haven’t found the right guy and therefore still a virgin”, Amber corrects.
I hate to admit it but Amber was right.
“Well, I just hope he stays away from Rick. I don’t want him to beat him up too”, I say worriedly.
“Well I told him myself that you and Rick were just friends. Besides I don’t think he really believes Rick has a chance. I mean come on, none of the girls want Rick. Not even the nerdy ones”, says Amber.
“Rick’s not that bad”, I exclaim. “Once you talk to him you’ll find he’s a really nice guy.”
Amber pauses before answering, “Well, excuse me.”
“No! I mean he’s just shy and people mistake him for weird. But once you break past his shyness, he’s really quite interesting,” I say defensively.
“Interesting?” asks Amber. “Yeah right. Well anyway, have you figured out what you’re wearing to prom?”
“I don’t even know if I’m going. No guy in his right mind will ask me out. So what’s the point?”
“Maybe you could go with ‘Mister Interesting’”, Amber teases.
“Shut up. I like Rick and all but there is no way I am going with him to prom.”
Amber laughs. I can’t help but feel a twinge of guilt at my statement. But honestly I could not be caught with Rick as my date. I mean talking to him is okay but going to prom with him would seem romantic. It would be too awkward and most people would just stare and gossip. And that is just something I don’t want to have to deal with.
“Well you need to come whether you have a date or not. Remember you’re being nominated for prom queen.”
“Oh, that’s right. Now I have to find a date. Jesus, why is stuff so complicated?” I ask.
“Don’t know, Ms. M. But look I gotta go my Mom’s calling me.”
“Bye”, I say.
“Later”, says Amber before she hangs up.
As I lay on my bed I think over all the things me and Amber talked about. For some reason I can’t stop thinking of how quickly I jumped to Rick’s defense when Amber said none of the girls wanted him. Even though she was somewhat right, most girls hadn’t talked to Rick, so they didn’t really know him. He was mostly a loner with just a couple of friends. He kept to himself and only spoke when he was spoken to. And even though he has hazel eyes that would make any woman tingle down…I mean…never mind.


As I look over my University of Pennsylvania acceptance letter for the fifth time, I realize that it will be my college of choice. It was a hard decision to make. Choosing between the University of Pennsylvania, the University of California–Berkley, and Columbia University was no easy task. Even though they all have excellent English programs, my heart went with Columbia. But in order to be closer to Mom I decided on the University of Pennsylvania. Being close to Mom was what was important right now. She still needed me for emotional support and I would have to be closer to home in order to provide that for her.
After I fill out my acceptance form I seal it in an envelope. I will put it in my mailbox in the morning. With that done I decide to log in to Facebook, hoping that Marva is online.
Once I’m logged in I notice the “online” icon by Marva’s profile picture. Her profile picture is a profile shot of her beautiful face. Her almond shaped eyes, and pouty lips make me want to kiss the spot on my laptop screen where her face is. I feel a slight hardness in my crotch develop as I stare at her picture. To offset the feeling I quickly look away from the screen until it goes away. Before I can write her a message, one from her pops up on my screen:
“Hey Rick. Did you get those writings together for me?”
“Yes, I can give them to you tomorrow if you like”, I type.
“No, bring them to me now”, she writes back.
“Now?”  I respond.
“Yes, now. Just come over and bring them up to me”, she answers quickly.
I stare at my computer screen as my stomach does flips. The entire time I’ve been neighbors with Marva, I have never been in her room. I’ve looked into it when I would watch her from my window, but that was all.
“Okay. I’ll be right over”, I type back.
I jump up and grab the folder with my writings in them. I throw on my jacket and quickly head out.
“Hey Rick, so nice to see you. What brings you here?” Mrs. Virginia asks as she steps aside to let me enter her home.
“Hi, Mrs. Virginia. I just came to drop off some papers for Marva”, I answer. Mrs. Virginia has always been nice to me and always went out of her to make me feel comfortable whenever I visited her home. She was especially supportive to my Mom after everything that happened with my Dad.
“Well, she’s upstairs in her room, the second one on the right”, Mrs. Virginia says walking me toward the stairs.
“Thank you”, I say.
As I walk up the first few stairs, Mrs. Virginia calls out, “Can you tell your Mother that I will be calling her to set up lunch for sometime next weekend?”
“I’ll be sure to let her know”, I answer.
“Marva, it’s me Rick”, I say as I knock on her door.
The door swings open and there stands Marva with a bright smile on her face. She is wearing a red tank top with blue pajama shorts. “Cool, you brought your writings”, she says as she lets me into her room.
“Yeah, here you go”, I say as I hand them to her.
“So are these like your very best?” she asks while looking through the papers in the folder.
“Yeah, pretty much. The poems are on top and the short stories are on the bottom. I have some other stuff I’m working now, so I’ll let you see them when they’re finished.”
“Well I can’t wait to read these”, she says as she sits cross-legged on her bed.
I look around her room. The room I’ve watched her in from afar. It has Marva’s personality all over it. Purple walls decorated with flower sticker decals. A big, soft bed decorated with Arabian style sheets with plushy pillows splayed all over it. She has a bookcase neatly stacked with books and piles of teen magazines. In the center of the room is a purple bean bag chair where Marva directs me to sit on.
“I’m sorry but I can’t stay long”, I say apologetically as I sit on the plush chair.
“That’s cool. I just wanted to start reading these tonight”, Marva says holding up the folder of my writings.
“Well, I hope you like them. I worked really hard on them and I haven’t really had the chance to show them to anyone.”
“I’m sure they’re great”, Marva says reassuringly.
We sit in silence for a little while until I finally speak up. “I decided to go to University of Penn after all.
“Really”, she says excitedly. “That’s great Rick. Have you told your Mom yet?”
“No, not yet. That’s part of the reason why I can’t stay too long. I want to tell her as soon as she gets home from work in about forty-five minutes.”
“Well, I know she’ll like the fact that your staying closer to home”, says Marva.
“Yeah”, I say.” Well, what about you? Have you decided yet on what you want to do after we graduate?”
Marva shifts a bit on her bed. “No. I don’t know what I can really do, you know? I know I want to do something I enjoy. I have a lot of passions, but they can’t pay the bills”
“What kinds of passions?”
“I don’t know. Passions like drawing”, she points at the flower decals. “You see these stickers on the walls? I made them myself.”
I nod my head.
“Oh, and dancing. Especially, dancing”, she exclaims with a bright smile on her face.
I know of Marva’s dancing because I’ve watched her do it plenty of times. In spite of the fact that she has no formal training she’s still one of the best dancers I’ve seen.
“There are professional dancers you know?” I say.
“Yes. I know that but the professionals have training, I don’t. And besides it’s really hard to make a living from dancing. Well at least that’s what my parents have told me”, she sighs.
“I understand where your parents are coming from. But sometimes you have to put what you enjoy over the money. And who knows you might be able to make a pretty decent living if you work hard enough. You’re a great dancer; I’ve never seen anyone dance as lovely as you. It’s never too late to get some kind of training”, I say.
Marva stares at me for a few seconds. “Thanks, Rick. That means a lot”, she says shyly.
Her shyness triggers my own and I can’t help but lower my head. These past couple of weeks I have totally broken out of my shell- with Marva at least. So I can’t help but sometimes surprise myself when I speak as bluntly as I just did.
“L-Look, I have to get going. Let me know what you think about the writings”, I say softly as I stand up.
“Okay. See you tomorrow”, she says warmly. She holds my gaze with her warm eyes before she slowly gives me a small smile. I smile back nervously before I turn and head out her door.
I walk into my room and lay down on my bed. My heart is beating fast thinking of the warm look Marva’s eyes gave me right before I left. As I think of those eyes, I realize just how hard my cock is becoming. It’s straining against my pants begging for some kind of release. I usually don’t masturbate often, but the throbbing in my cock makes the enticement impossible to ignore. I look over at my alarm clock; only twenty minutes until Mom gets home. I have time.
I take off my jacket and shirt before I unzip my pants and pull them down with my boxers. I grab hold of my stiff cock and begin to fist it up and down at a steady pace. I close my eyes and think of Marva. Her warm, brown eyes; her buttery, brown skin; and her toned, shapely legs. I stroke my cock harder as I imagine Marva’s fluid body dance to the sensual rhythm in my head. I grunt and my balls feel as if they explode as my cock jerks and spurts copious amounts of cum onto my stomach. I lay on my bed breathing hard with my eyes still closed. When my breathing finally returns to normal, I get up and walk into my personal bathroom.
I stare at myself in the medicine cabinet mirror, “God, I need you Marva. When will you realize how much I need you?” I say softly. I stare at myself a couple more minutes before I grab my washcloth and clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment